CALL TO ORDER
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. May I have your attention please. We are about to begin our Dinner Reception so please locate your respective seats and make yourself comfortable.
A very good evening to everyone and welcome to Jackie and Romulo’s Wedding Reception. We are done with the solemn part of the celebration and. we thank those people who were with us earlier at San Bartolome Church for the wedding ceremony. And for those who just join in, Welcome to the reception for our newlyweds in celebration of the beginning of their new life together. So sit down, relax and enjoy the rest of the evening.
I am Marco, Jackie’s friend and I’ll be your emcee for this event. We thank you all for gracing this joyful occasion especially to those who have traveled many miles just to be with us. In behalf of Marco and Tina and their parents, I would like to express their heartfelt gratitude for your presence at this memorable occasion. It is indeed a pleasure to have you all tonight.
ENTRANCE OF THE ENTOURAGE
At this point, let us now witness the parade of the wedding entourage. Excited na ba kayong makita ang bagong kasal?? They are already lined up at the entrance ball. Bur first, let’s welcome with great delight the kids who made this wedding very blissful.
FLOWER GIRLS (cute and adorable)
· Princess Joan Belarmino – 5 years old, grade 1 pupil at Amadeo Cavite
· Bellicia Ann Lacson – 7 years old, smart girl
· Precious Yana Mabansag – 3 years old, cute and smiling face
· Pia Zobel Mabansag – 7 years old Grade 2 pupil at Amadeo Cavite
· Marianne Romiedelen Pugosa
· Prince Andrei Belarmino – 4 years old. Cute and very energetic. Son of MeAnn Belarmino, Romulo’s sister.
· John Hendrick Daguio – a very regimented boy and well-mannered.
· Skye Corpin – very good looking, smart little cutie nephew of Jackie, sweet and loving son to his mom and dad.
To all this KIDS: I must say GOOD JOB!!!! Round of applause please!
BRIDE’S MAIDS AND GROOM’S MEN
This time, let’s put our hands together to:
GROOMSMEN (handsome and charming)
· Argel Victor Tambis – son of Avelina Gozon and Toribio Tambis, nautical graduate from BMA or Baliwag Maritime Academy.
· Marvin LaTorre – 2nd year High School At Macario B. Asistio Sr. High School and a very refined, kind and industrious cousin of Romulo.
· Gerald Corpin – worked at Accenture and has been at Malaysia as a system analyst and an alumna of FEU East Asia.
BRIDESMAID (beautiful and lovely)
· Beth Aura Sabocohan – niece of Jackie
· Dianne Ruth Dimatatac – girlfriend of Mauro Mabansag
· Orchid Corpin – 1st degree cousin of Jackie
Next, let’s welcome the fresh and young secondary sponsors:
CANDLE SPONSORS (who symbolically lighted the couples path)
· Ronald Nuñez – a BSBA grad or Business Administrative grad from RTU or Rizal Technological University
· Ferry lou Macaranas – a BSBA graduate from RTU or Rizal Technological University.
VEIL SPONSORS (who clothe the newly wed as one)
· Almer Castillo – a family friend. He is a medical technologist grad and taking his Doctor of Medicine degree from Centro Escolar University and a licensed Laboratory technician.
· Gina Catandijan – a fresh graduate of Bachelor of Secondary Education from Navotas Polytechnic University.
CHORD SPONSORS: (who symbolically bound the pair together)
· Aldrin Castillo – he is a “dabarkads” of the family and a Computer Engineering graduate from Adamson University and worked at Taiwan for 3 years.
· Karen Corpin – an AB Political Science graduate from a prestigious school of San Sebastian College.
BEST MAN AND MAID OF HONOR
BEST MAN (gallant and good looking)
Mauro Mabansag – an ECE grad from TIP or Technological Institute of Technology
MAID OF HONOR (stunning and splendid)
April Rose Matugas – Jackie’s one of the closest cousin
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE PRINCIPAL SPONSORS
We saw the fresh and young, let’s now go to the people we have here in front: they are the young at heart and spirit, the very gracious and generous PRINCIPAL SPONSORS. Let’s me introduce them one by one… starting off with the ninang…
· Dr. Luz P. Obong – kind, understanding, talented, it shows every time she dance. And most of all she is Jackie’s very hardworking Head Teacher of Filipino Department at Macario B. Asistio Sr. High School.
· Ms. Fe Macaranas – Romulo’s auntie, she is good in business. Smiling face, cheerful to talk to, knows how to deal with people.
· Ms. Aida Irinco – She is Romulo’s family friend, a bank teller and very successful of her family life especially to her children.
· Ms. Lota Ibasco – Jackie’s Year Level Chairman. A very good Mathematics teacher, knows how to help others (helpful), shares her knowledge, ideas and experience and most of all, kind.
· Helen Pugosa – is a very down to earth lady. Jackie’s close friend and also a Year Level Chairman of third year level.
· Ms. Annabelle Baculpo – Romulo’s Auntie, supportive wife and mother to her children.
· Ms. Elizabeth Saldaña – according to Jackie, she is the best teacher. She is industrious, lecturer, disciplined and an asset of the school. She is also a head teacher of the Science Department.
· Ms. Rowena Gamboa – She is good in handling people, the best proof is the growing company of Magsaysay Shipping Company where she serves as the Crewing Manager.
· Mrs. Glorita Bayot – Romulo’s elementary teacher. Romulo really look up to her because of her motherly love towards her students, and he (Romulo) is the living testimony for he did not forget her.
Now let’s proceed with the godfathers: (alamin sino ang may proxy)
· Capt. Gavino P. Corpin –A captain of the ship, good provider and a very good husband to his wife (Edita S. Corpin) who happens to be Jackie’s auntie (sister of Jackie’s mother).
· Edgardo Sacedor – Jackie’s uncle, an International musician. He has a group called ‘‘Maestoso Trio’’ where Jackie’s sister Jean Catandijan was once part of the said group.
· Oscar Irinco – a very good person and Romulo’s crewing manager at Ventis Maritime Corporation.
· Engr. Alex Ganalon – Romulo’s friend, a successful Chief Engineer, a scholar at K – Line.
· Mr. Isidro Habin – Assistant Crewing Manager, smiling face and knows how to handle people.
· Mr. Toribio Tambis – Jackie’s uncle. He is a seaman, a good provider and a good father to his children especially to his son Argel Victor Tambis who will be his descendant by profession.
· Capt. Ben Gencianeo – Jackie’s family friend. He is also a ship captain.
· Mr. Iglis Isagani – Romulo’s friend, also a seaman at K-Line Maritime as a 2nd mate.
· Mr. Justine Federico – Romulo’s elementary teacher who helped Romulo to take his PEPT exam.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PARENTS
One of the parents’ dreams is to see the wedding of their children. I am sure our couple’s parents are equally excited as them. Let us now recognize these very special people in the hearts of the newly wed.
Romulo’s parents: Mr and Mrs. Mario and Milagros Mabansag (cavite)
Jackie’s mother: Mrs. Lilia Sabucohan (family has become close to me because jackie’s brother in law is my ninong.. thank you po for the gifts)
ENTRANCE OF THE COUPLE
And now the big moment, Ladies and Gentleman, our bride and groom Tina and Marco! Doesn’t she look beautiful? She’s been practicing her bouquet-throwing and hopes to give a good account of herself when the moment comes. As for the groom, look at him! Machong macho as always. Ladies and Gentleman, a big hand for Romulo and Jackie. (wide applause)
Thank you very much…let’s all be seated now. Truly, this event will be a celebration of love… a feast of two hearts who vowed to stay forever no matter what… This afternoon’s program will be quite exciting for we will hear Jackie’s relative playing the band all throughout. And maybe some Visayan wedding traditions exercised… as well as not your usual bouquet and garter ceremonies.. which would be more fun and memorable. Plus the sumptuous meal of Pescadores restaurant is already set. Aren’t you all excited?
To officially start, let us all stand for the opening prayer to be led by Mrs. Virginia La Torre, TLE teacher from Macario B. Asistio National High School.
Father, you have made the bond of marriage a holy mystery,
a symbol of Christ's love for his Church.
Hear our prayers for ____ and ____.
With faith in you and in each other they pledge their love today.
May their lives always bear witness to the reality of that love.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Pictorial / Buffet Dinner
Well I guess the food is now ready and dinner will commence shortly. At this point to maintain order, I’ll be calling your table number and the people from that table will be going to the location of the couple for pictorial. Right after that they can now proceed and line up at the buffet counter to get their dinner.
(get the personalities in each table)
We would like to thank the Operation Manager of Pescadores Restaurant, Sir Ramon for the wonderful accommodation and service that they are providing us here. The newlyweds would also like to say a special thank you to _________________ for supervising in the physical arrangement of our reception.
Habang nasasatisfy ang ating taste buds sa masasarap na pagkain ng Pescadores. Merong inihandang slideshow presentation dito where we can see the evolution of Jackie and Romulo’s love affair. (chika about the love story of Jackie and Romulo)
· AVP – SLIDESHOW
· BAND PLAY – Coming from a family of musician, let’s delight our ears with the band acoustics of Jackie’s relatives.
· SONG NUMBER OF JOHN HENDRICK DAGUIO – BIBLE BEARER: Talent runs in the family, let’s hear a sample from the kid who bears the bible a while ago in the church. Round of applause to…
At this point, I hope every ones attention is in the couple as they do the cake cutting tradition. Bakit, may ganitong eksena pag may kasal? Well, ayon sa aking research, the cake cutting symbolizes the couple's unity, their shared future, and their life together as one.
DOVE KISSING TRADITION
This time let’s see them hold those two doves; please take them out of the cage. Then, they will make those lovely dove kiss each other. PICTURE!!!
White doves are a symbol of joy, and since a wedding is a joyous occasion, opening the bird's cage so that they can fly freely, or using photos of doves in the day's decor is definitely appropriate. Superstition also suggests that couples who see a pair of doves on their wedding day will have a blessed marriage, which is a wonderful sentiment for the new couple to keep in mind when starting a new life together.
This time, let’s fill our glasses with any drink that we could get and join the best man, Mauro Mabansag for the symbolic wine toast.
Para sa mahabang pagsasama puno nang pagmamahalan, paguunawaan at pagbibigayan, Jackie at Romulo maligayang bati at KAMPAY!!! Cheers everyone!
Now all the single ladies please come on down. Let’s do the bouquet game! Sabi ko sa inyo kanina, hindi ito yung simpleng flower toss, kaya mas exciting. Ngayung nandito na kayong lahat, kukuha kayo ng flower stems from the bride. Sige pumili kayo. Ang hindi kumuha uupo diyan sa hotseat! Hehe
At this point, after you chose your flower stems, listen carefully, here’s the catch. The lady with the longest stem is the chosen one! Sino ang maswerteng babae?
Let’s call on this time all the gentlemen! Sige po punta kayo sa unahan. Now, I have here, bottles of beer. Masusubukan kung sino ang malakas uminom. Hehe, in two minutes time, paunahan kayong maubos o ma-consume yang mga beer ninyo. One, two, three. Ok, sinong unang naubos. Palakpakan. Sino ang konti lang ang naconsume? Ikaw, ang maswerteng good boy!
Before we go on with the Garter Toss, the groom is to retrieve the garter from his bride. So may we request Romulo and Jackie to please come center stage and do the garter retrieval ritual. Thanks guys.
(A chair is brought onstage for the bride to sit. while groom kneels down at the bride's feet ready to retrieve the garter)
Ladies and gentleman the groom will now retrieve the garter from the bride.
(Groom retrieves the garter from the bride.)
There you have it ladies and gentlemen; the groom was finally able to retrieve the garter. Let us give him a big hand.
PUTTING THE GARTER ON THE LADY’S LEG.
Alright, let’s have the pair here. Lady, kindly take your seat. Gentleman, you are now going to put the garter on her legs.
( Higher, higher- then kiss is requested )
( Pictorial with Couple )
Now, before we end. Let’s hear some well-wishers give their message to newly wed.
A. NINANG HELEN PUGOSA
B. MRS. AIDA IRINCO
C. ASK ANY FROM THE FRIENDS OF BRIDE AND GROOM WHO WOULD WANT TO GIVE A MESSAGE TO THE NEWLY WED
D. NANAY OF JACKIE (LILIA SABUCOHAN)
E. NANAY OF ROMULO (MILAGROS MABANSAG)
THANK YOU MESSAGE OF THE COUPLE
The night and this reception have almost come to an end but for our newlyweds it is just a start of their new life together. As we each go home, may this day be memorable for all of us as it it to them. To personally convey their heartfelt gratitude let us now lend an ear to Marco and Tina
Well I guess that’s about everything ladies and gentlemen we have finally come to the end of our program. It has been a great day and a wonderful evening with you all. Again thank you all for your presence. God bless and Goodnight to each and everyone.